Current Conditions and Management
tab contains the following information:
- station name
- date when the model was last updated
- accumulated degree-days since January 1st (insect models)
- temperature risk value (fire blight model)
- date of primary infection, risk index, disease onset, current degree-day since bud break (cherry mildew model)
- status (apple scab)
- chilling hours (storage scald model)
- today’s risk, next 6 days’ risk (sunburn browning model)
The management recommendations correspond to with the current pest conditions. The pest conditions depend on degree-day (DD) accumulations which are calculated with data from the WSU AgWeatherNet network of weather stations located across Washington State.
Projected Conditions and Management
tab also includes modes forecasts. Insect models provide a 42-day forecast of pest development; disease models up to 16 days. These projections are computed using weather forecast data of the National Digital Forecast Database run by NOAA as well as 10-year averages of AWN and/or NOAA data.
Use the pull down menu to view available forecast days.
Viewing Organic & Conventional Recommendations
In the Conditions
tab, switch between conventional (yellow) and organic (green) materials and management recommendations:
- Press the View Organic or View Conventional button located on top to the right of the station name.